Patrick Craanen , Ed.D., CCC-SLP
Over the span of his 17-year career, Dr. Pat Craanen, a.k.a. “Dr. Pat”, has worked in a variety of settings including pediatric home health, early intervention, public schools, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, and outpatient rehabilitation centers. Proud to be a “Three Time Knight”, Pat completed a B.S. in Hospitality Management, an M.A. in Communication Sciences and Disorders and an Ed.D. in Educational Psychology at The University of Central Florida in Orlando.
In 2013, Pat’s colleagues at Titusville High School in Brevard County selected him as their 2013-2014 Titusville High Teacher of the Year. Pat was also honored as FLASHA’s 2014 Rhonda Work School-Based Clinician of the Year. Pat’s other academic and professional accomplishments include the following:
- The 2011 Graduate Leadership Scholarship Award at UCF’s 9th Annual Service-Learning Student Showcase
- The Best in Class Graduate Level Education Scholarship Award at the 2013 University of Central Florida Graduate Research Forum
- The First Place Award in the Category of Education at the 2013 Inaugural Florida Statewide University Graduate Student Research Symposium for his dissertation, “The effect of a self-monitoring treatment intervention package on the academic productivity behavior of three high school students with Autism Spectrum Disorder”
- A 2013-2014 University of Central Florida College of Education and Human Performance Outstanding Dissertation Award Nominee.
- Recipient of The Florida Division on Career Development and Transition 2014 “Making a Difference” Award.
Currently, Pat operates a private practice, Social Communication Coaching, in which he specializes in helping individuals of all ages with social communication disorder to function at their highest level of independence through targeted coaching to improve their academic productivity, self-monitoring, executive function, emotional regulation, nonverbal/body language interaction, social-pragmatic language and job-related interpersonal communication skills.